Hi all,
I recently got my first puppy of my adult life and thought I would do a blog to share my adventures and maybe find other dog owners to share advice, tips etc.
I have had my Collie X puppy (age 22 weeks) for 8 weeks now. She has settled in nicely with lots of great walking routes close to us - mostly open fields, woodland and rivers.
She has calmed down a lot since I took her off wet food (the food she was on when I bought her) and has put on 4kg bringing her up to a good weight for a Collie of her age.
She is full of energy as you would expect and has turned my life upside down. A lie in is no longer mid day its 8am.
She is going to be my running partner when she is older and her bones have formed properly as I am training for a few half marathons and a full marathon (she will not be doing the full 13 or 26 miles, more like 6 max), I will also be taking her to agility classes when she is old enough.
For now though we are enjoying normal puppy activities including fetch and leaning new tricks.
If you have had a puppy or dog and would like to share tips with me then please comment below.
Thank you for taking time to read this, if you would like information on my marathon training then please visit my other blog bx3personaltraining.blogspot.com.

No comments:
Post a Comment